The time of the year is here when all we want is a healthy rejuvenating drink. To help you relax in this changing weather, Typhoo – the iconic British tea brand has come up with some cool yet healthy recipes for Summer time.
Iced Peach Mint green tea –
- 3 cups cold water
- 5 Typhoo Green Tea Moroccan Mint bags
- 112 ounce can peach nectar
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Ice cubes
Bring water just to boiling in a large saucepan. Remove from heat; add Typhoo green tea bags.
Steep covered, for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bags. Stir in nectar, mint and sugar. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours. Strain tea mixture; serve over ice. Makes 5 servings.
Black currant mint green tea iced tea –
- 3 Typhoo Blackcurrant Bracer Fruit Infusion tea bags
- 3 Typhoo green tea Moroccan mint tea bags
- 4 cups water
- Mint leaves
To prepare the iced tea:
- Place six tea bags in a heat-safe bowl or container. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, and then pour over tea bags. Let steep for 10 or so minutes
- Once steeped, remove tea bags and pour in 3 cups of cold water. Chill until ready to serve
- Add several blackcurrant and fresh mint leaves to the bottom of a sturdy glass. Using a muddler or a wooden spoon, press down on the blackcurrant/mint leaves and lightly twist. The blackcurrant will burst slightly and the mint leaves will become even more fragrant
- Add ice and pour tea over top. Garnish with extra blackcurrant and mint leaves if you like